Monday 15 February 2010

Statement of Intent

This session on my level 3 course I have decided to choose the studio option. I would like to take portraits and products, and my first theme is based on taking portraits of people, and for my second theme to photograph something that they use in their lives. I am looking forward to learning the techniques of studio lighting, and being able to control the levels and direction of lighting.
It is more or less a lifestyle section, as the object will relate to the person to the objects that they use in their lives.

I have to invite various people to the studio at college to paparticipate, and some I will be able to invite to my home as I can borrow some lighting equipment. Some people I feel will be happier with me doing this, and it will be More convenient for them as well as not everybody can make a Saturday morning.

My intention is to create portraits according to the personality but with low key lighting, with them as far as possible participating in or related to a part of their lives, Irving Penn and David Allen Brent in particular. The other inspirational photographers have been the surrealists, such as Man Ray and Lee Miller (who I really enjoy her image and the reasons behind them).

With the products I will study various photographers and brochures to see how they are represented. Using studio lighting to emulate some of the work by Irving Penn and Steve Chong.

I will be using my own camera consisting of mt Canon 400D with 18-55mm standard lens, and my canon 75-300mm lens. All images will be downloaded to my laptop. This gives me adequate range for both the portrait and product sessions.I do propose to capture the image in the camera as close as possible to elimate time spent using photoshop, but will not eliminate the use of.

My intention is to produce mounted prints, but will make the final decision at the end of the session.

2 comments:

  1. Hi remember you need 2 statements one for each theme please.
    see criteria sheet for data needed for them,

    steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    This statement of intent is not detailed enough is it somewhere else on your blog?This has to be attended to to meet P1.

    steve

    ReplyDelete