Tuesday 23 February 2010

Glassware

I have borrowed some glassware and this is my first attempt at getting some sort of image. The surface is highly reflective, and picks up the reflection of any light source. It is a beautiful piece of work, and I would like to get a decent image. I have tried to clothe it in a black background, that did not stop the reflections, and placing a black card over the top did reduce the reflections off the ceiling. I was using the lights to light the glassware but I was still getting loads of reflections. Any ideas?????
natural ceiling light same again from on top
with black background and direct flash and reflection off walls and ceilings
different view with flash this shows reflection from walls amd ceiling just a close up same lighting
natural light so many reflections

4 comments:

  1. Eric, I think the light needs to be diffused from all directions if you want no reflections at all.There's some info here
    http://www.tabletopstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. I have had agood look, and it is very tricky this one as where ever the light is there is areflection. I will keep trying though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you find a solution, those close ups can be beautiful (loved that 3rd from bottom).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    We really need to get this into the studio and compare to your daylight shots, lines , form ,shape, abstract, etc...is this still life or product photography (commercial advertising photography- see me please)
    keep to theme chosen, etc..

    steve

    ReplyDelete