Friday 12 February 2010

product stuff?

L3 Had a go at sorting some tabletop lighting excercises. Once I got started, and found some stuff to photograph, I quite enjoyed the fun aspects. Once you start you really get to see loads of different things, look forward to doing some more. I also hoked up my laptop to get a bigger view of what I was taking, with awireless remote.
I started with the tin, then the pot, then the cup. Love the individuality? Subtle movement of the lighting makes a huge difference, even with my silly little table lights. Need more power.
At this point I realised I was still shooting on P!
Getting better, must be the subject! and Manual. Forgot to use my light meter though! Time to sort out backdrop I think. Compare with the previous; the bottles are closer together(lesson from Steve the other day-don't leave gaps), and the writing is illustrated a bit better, and lighting a bit lighter, with some from behind. Theme is start, finish, crash!
These 4 are from the beginning? some muppet downloaded them in the wrong order! Not a bad start as I have not done this before. The guy on the left is a nut cracker.
set up on the left, result on the right

2 comments:

  1. Cheers, I found that the other night,shadows caused by different ratios of light, perhaps distance makes a difference? and angle of shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    A very good way to evidence what you did and where each element was.
    Maybe a bit more written work please.

    steve

    ReplyDelete