Saturday 27 February 2010

Mr Steve's Crit

Mr Steve had a look at my studio portraits of Brent and offered some advice. Some were very good, and some needed a boost from Photoshop. I had a variety of different light levels, but I would like to settle on one type for this course.The crit was very useful and informative. Yippee ! The essence of a portrait is in the photographer deciding where he would like the focus on the subject to. One comment made by my sitter was that I did not say enough, so I have to improve this, I was OK in the direction though. Today I have assisted Ruth by noting the location of the lighting and subject, and doing the same with Steve, learning a lot in the process, observation is also very informative. Mr Steve also referred to the use of body lanquage to capture the essence of the sitter.
I am attempting to emulate the photographers styles that I like, and I am progressing in that vein.
We were encouraged to use the class Blog that Mr Steve has set up, so that he can comment on our work and we can ask questions.

3 comments:

  1. Have you got any images of your photo shoot? I would like to see them, we all learn from each other and perhaps I could gain some inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh baby when do you want to see them? I will put some on shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    This is another way to work, as I give you feedback you write it straight away into the comments box, this helps with the workload as everybody is comment hungry at the moment.

    steve

    ReplyDelete