Tuesday 23 March 2010

Lighting set for Nikki

Here is the lighting set up for my portraits on Saturday(cruelly cut short as we had just got to the stage of knowing what we were doing hic)



The main light was 1.2m infront of Nikki at 2.2m high. The camera,a Canon 400D with 70-300mmmzoom lens, was positioned 2.5m from Nikki. I choose this distance as I had a range of shots from here without moving the camera on the studio stand.I also had the camera tethered to my laptop so that Nikki could see what we were taking. I do not have live view on my 400D unfortunately, which would be useful.

I took a light reading with my Sekonic L-358 lightmeter of f18 at ISO100. I found that I had to use f8 to get the correct exposure, and I have found this when using my new Tamron 70-300mm zoom lens, that I have to change the exposure to get the correct image.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    The lighting plan to be of any value needs to have the light reading for each light recorded, then a final exposure from the model, ideally this should be done on every shoot.
    This will show a detailed log capture as well and should talk a bit about health and safety so you can claim lots of criteria.

    steve

    ReplyDelete