Friday 26 March 2010

Award winning Photographer

I only joined the Burton Photographic Society in September, mainly to keep the photography going, and meet up with like minded people, and several guys and girls from the last Level 3 course. Shown above is me with my winning image and cup in the Photographic Society Annual exhibition from last November 2009( me on left of frame!!) The winning entry was one of my favorite images from a shoot I did in Green Park London last year. This image featured a close up of the Canadian Memorial in Green Park. The actual leaves are not Maple, but fallen from surrounding tress, and were photographed as they lay against the bronze sculptured leaves on the memorial.I particulaly like the almost 3D effect, in that on the printed image you can almost pick up the leaves. Also included are Jim and Steve (also from Level 3 course and Burton Photographic Society) showing their winning trophies and images as well. It took some time to organise the photographer for this image though.

2 comments:

  1. What a good looking set of togs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Oh yes, well as you know I rarely get the time these days,ha ha
    I can stand in the reflected glow of your glory.

    steve

    ReplyDelete