Sunday 4 July 2010

Product influences for final 10 images

The Flute image for Andrea's flute


This is a small selection of images taken from the Pearl website. This is how they advertise their products (in part) but are on their main front page.

This is part of one advert showing one of the different types of flute they have available in different styles.



This is on the opening stream


As is this one



This is not on the web site but shows a different way to shoot the product, although the background does not relate to music.


This is also not on the web site, but is another different way to show the product (see my golf shirts eg).I had considered stringing the flute up and photographing it before I saw this advert.





This is my final chosen image from my shoot which I set up on my dining room table, which is loosely based on the above with my interpretation, and there is still room for some advertising text on the image. Also there is a contact sheet which shows the alterative images I was considering. I chose the image due to the shape and coloring and lighting and the overall look of the image.



This then is my chosen final image



I have used similar techniques to produce the other images in this submission. For example I have included below the contact sheet for Graig's portrait and plastering equipment.


Here is my contact sheet for Craig


And here is my contact sheet Niki





The equipment used for these images was my own, with the lighting units borrowed from college, and using my dining room for all images. I tethered my camera to my laptop so that it was easier to see the results of the image once taken, and also, when photographing subjects the subject was able to see quite clearly the image that was taken, which made it easier to follow my instructions as he had the previous image in his mind to respond to. I have found that this is a good way to enable a better rapport between myself and the subject. I also use a wireless trigger wich makes it even easier to communicate with the subject, rather than trying to talk through the camera. This also makes it easier to move around, and even release the shutter closer to the subject when required to give directions in some cases, or hold reflectors as required, as you can see the image from the subjects position. Also used in this situation was the light meter, which has proved to be a boon and makes setting the camera alot easier.
Health and Safety wise, certainly when at home, you have to be very aware that the trailing cables are well away from the working area, not all plugged into the same socket, after taking note of the electrical requirements from the lights, camera, laptop etc. Also warning others in the house about what you are doing and placing certain access points out of use. Also some subjects will need a braek due to the intensity of the lighting, and this would also give the lighting chance to cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment