Sunday 23 May 2010

experimental imagening things no. 1


I had this idea of using my garden as a studio, and of using the lights to light the items. As part of my theme I wanted to wanted to image my golf shirts, but all I could find to get ideas from seemed rather ordinary. i was reading Lee Millers autobiography, and her adventures with Surrealism, along with some memories from my stage craft days, and the idea came to me to have my shirts floating in the air. I could have just photographed my shirts and photoshoped them in, but I knew I could not get the shirts to sit properly. So, I had the idea of stringing them up. The washing line proved to be not very good, so I went out and bought some fishing line, as this is very strong and thin, and would not show too much. Above is the result of my first attempts, along with a little embellishment. This seemed to be too much, so changed the items to 2, but the contrast between the pink and white shirt was quite great as in the image below. So I changed the shirts and got a much better image, as at the bottom, which I quite like. My lens however does not have an adequate f-stop to blur the background. The wind caused me a few problems as well.

2 comments:

  1. Different mate 10/10 for this new inspiration,think the one without the shoes looks most effective. I like it!!

    Wee'll all have a wip round for you for a new wardroab on Saturday.
    There's Something strange going on in your garden,you deffinately got aliens.this is real X file stuff.

    If your neighbours see you just keep the bag on your head
    Wee'll visit you shortly in Rampton! ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    A log of images is present in this blog on 23rd May to under pin your products photography.
    P5

    Steve

    ReplyDelete